Saturday, April 2, 2011

Phoebe's reaction to the world cup :D


:D
While Sri Lanka was batting, every time someone got out I would scream with joy. Phoebe would scuttle in, put her nose on my lap as if to say, "Please, I'm the only one at home with you, I'm worried."
And I would tell her happily, "WE CAN WIN THIS!" and she would trot away, getting more nervous by the minute.
I think she suffered ultimate trauma when India started batting.
When Sehwag got out, I ran towards the TV saying, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Mistake, mistake!" At that time she came to the door rather wistfully, wondering what she could do to handle the situation. She couldn't do much, and I was getting even more touchy and impatient, so I kept pushing her away.
When Sachin got out, I dropped the tray. Phoebe rushed in, and again she found that I was in a cricket dimension where I jut wanted to see victory.
AND THEN.
I was in a flux, between furiously writing on facebook, texting, and screaming at the same time. The rain of fours and sixes! Every time those happened, I hurrahed and yahooed.
Phoebe then came sat next to me and put a reassuring paw on my lap. As if to say, 'Alright. You're a darned psychopath, but I will stick by you."
Seven runs to go, I was biting nails furiously, and pulling my hair out of proportion.
Then Dhoni hit the six.
We won!!!
I called my friends, and was so busy yelling and jumping around that Phoebe came in and climbed under the bed in submission as if to say "I CANT DO MUCH NOW!!"
After a half an hour of euphoria, I finally pulled Phoebe out from beneath the bed.
She seems slightly wary of me, now :D
Ahh, the good life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment