Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cricket fever!


Okay, the title to be fair IS misleading.
I'm NOT obsessed with cricket, and never will I be. But, BUT I'm terribly happy that India made it to the finals, and somehow this time the world cup fever hit me stronger than ever.
The few occasions I've watched cricket...have only been World Cup occasions. And now, I'm writing this entry half an hour before the finals.
One thing which I've realized- in any sport- whichever team you support...support them fully till the last. Support each player, no matter what. After all there was a reason you chose to support them. One quote which struck me very strongly was, 'victory only creates liking for a bit, a defeat gets the real fans to love their team even more.' I got this off one of my friend's facebook status messages, and I agree with this so completely.
That's what a real fan does. There for the team till the end. With full faith, and belief.
And, I have faith in our Indian team. No matter what :)

No comments:

Post a Comment