Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Moon with Pragya

So Pragya and I decided to watch this sensational movie called 'New Moon' together. It is part of the condemned Edward Cullen-Twilight Saga. Shockingly, I like the movies more than I like the books. Heck, I hate the books. I could burn the books and start a mad bonfire dance around them.
Coming back to the point, Pragya and I met at Citywalk to watch the movie. We caught the last show, on the last day. So we grabbed two tickets, and then went to buy food. We, being hungry little beasts ordered popcorn, cokes and hot dogs. The sleepy cashier at first said that it was Rs. 110. Just as I was about to pay, the cashier came to his senses and said, "No, sorry, no it is Rs. 510!!!!!!" For a while, Pragya and I stared rather blankly. I recovered my powers of speech, and I almost felt like emptying the entire tray on his head. Well, if it astounds you....we bought it all for Rs. 510.
There weren't many people for New Moon. However, the few that were there created enough racket for many. There were some highly shrieky girls whose shrieks could be heard all over the theatre, making Pragya and me exchange exasperated glances.
We walked inside the hall, and found that our two seats were separate and on the side. Talk about royal treatment!
So the various advertisements started. And then the movie started.
Let me explain a little about Pragya. She adores the actor who plays Edward Cullen. I detested the guy in the first movie, because I just couldn't stand the whitewashed face and dark lipstick. Anyway, coming back to Pragya, she gets highly emotional during a Twilight movie, and sometimes you feel like not watching the movie and just seeing her to see if she'll cry. Initially, I thought that I was the wrong-est person for these kind of movies. Till I saw certain scenes in New Moon.
When Edward Cullen entered, oh the typical wind blowing and the 'walk-the-walk' attitude, I heard a small gasp next to me. I turned and saw Pragya with her hands clasped and her eyes round like UFO saucers. I smiled, and continued watching. Sure, he did look cute. But not over-amazingly hot...yet.
Then I realized what Shine, Pragya and many other girls had been saying all along.
When Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) walked in wearing a black suit, I choked on my popcorn. My jaw dropped several inches and my hands clenched the seat. He....was....just...WOW.
You can imagine Pragya's condition at this instant. Next to me, I could hear soft murmurs of 'he's...beautiful. just so beautiful.'
The movie went on. Edward left tragic damsel Bella who goes crazy and tries to kill herself in all sorts of interesting ways. Well, to be fair I did get rather choky when he left her. It was a nicely done scene. Pragya by this time, had covered her mouth. I'm sure if she had the opportunity, she would have cried tears of blood :D
La la la. Bella finally befriended the friendly werewolf Jacob who obviously fell in love with her, and she of course couldn't return his affection because she was crazy about the vampire.
Pragya had a dreamy long-lost look in her eyes when she saw the werewolf scenes. Thank god she agreed with me that Taylor Lautner (Jacob) did not look hot with or without the t-shirt.
Then came the climax of the movie.
There was a scene which really hit me hard on the head. That is when Bella reunites with Edward. When she started running towards Edward, I involountarily clutched Pragya's hand. Pragya was too emotional by this time. Unfortunatelty, her act of putting her hand on her mouth and crying was restricted because I was clutching her hand. In my numb subconscious, I could feel her desperately trying to use her hand. However I didn't let go, and then she gave up.
When Bella ran towards Edward and gave him the glorious kiss, Pragya, with inhuman strength threw my hand away and she put both hands on her mouth and gave a gasp of wonder.
Later on, after the movie both of us practically collapsed with laughter. Pragya had really wanted to cover her mouth and gasp her usual way but unfortunately I hadn't let her. Finally the moment beckoned, and she had the strength to fully enjoy the scene.
New Moon...well wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Though...I still say that Taylor Lautner is not hot...neither is Robert Pattinson. He is just amazing in three scenes.

2 comments:

  1. So, I decided to comment on one post, since I kept stopping at like, every post. To comment. Oh well:)

    The Games That Play Us...Oh.My.God! What happens nexxxtttt? The Waves is beautiful:) And your visits sound hilarious!

    And New Moon:) Better than Twilight, by far. Robert Pattinson is MUCH better in this movie than the last, but heyy, I'm Team Taylor Lautner and Team Edward. So that I don't have to pick sides :P

    Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, you forgot my dying over Kristen Stewart! The description is incomplete without it :P

    ReplyDelete