Friday, April 1, 2011

The little things

So when I actually put it down to thinking, I would say eighth grade and the twelfth grade were the best years of school.
I think eighth was the best year of my school life for many reasons. I was in a new class, and I had new friends. And that's when my obsession of talking on the phone started- and this I owe completely to Mekhala.
When I think of eighth, I remember the X men obsession, the seven-hour record of talking on the phone, and our marks suffering terribly because of that, and how we would laugh it off.
I remember the 'stalking' and ' spying' because we believed that we were true X men. And I miss it all. It became a crucial part of my growing up.
So our friendship went through a queer phase...and at that time we were quick to misunderstand each other and seperate. And somehow, we could still never break off completely. It's one of those bonds which can somehow never be severed. We didn't talk for years, except for a quick hi and bye, and we perhaps didn't know ourselves better and were not mature enough to talk things out.
But you can never forget your first best friend. No matter what.
And in the last one year, we started talking randomly, and our friendship kicked off again. It's funny how things work out in the end. Maybe we needed those years off...to grow up and branch out.
And some friendships are meant to be. And this definitely was. It's come full circle.

2 comments:

  1. *tears streaming* hahahahha
    awwwwww
    i love you freak,always!!
    you know that already since its a "destined bond" dammm.lol
    :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 <3 i love you too! always!!!!

    ReplyDelete