Tuesday, December 29, 2009

truly, madly, sincerely...crazy!!

I had the most awesome day ever.
I went over to my best friend's place...(lets just name her Shine for now) who lives...well kind of really really far away in Gurgaon. The distance wasn't really a issue for me, as I could take the metro. However I had to confirm with parents, and my grandmother. I meekly suggested to my granny that I could always take the metro so that she was free to use the car, she refused flatly.
We (the driver and I) reached Gurgaon within twenty minutes. The next problem was locating her house. I think I saw every other house except for hers. I started heartily wishing that Shine lived in B-267, which was a house we kept landing up at.
After a lot of wrong directions from the people as well as my darling Shine, my driver finally reached the house. I dont think he ever plans to venture there again.
I rang rather nervously at the gate, and the maid let me in. I ambled in wondering where to go next. There were two sets of staircases. I decided to take one. So I walked in rather tentatively. Just as I thought that I better shout out for Shine, she came rushing down as if she sensed my thoughts.
We started talking instantaneously, and Shine switched on the television. The worst Bollywood movies were playing, and for some reason best known to ourselves we decided to watch it. One movie seemed rather intriguing-out of nowhere the girl was turning up at the guy's house and making a move on him, and next thing the guy does is to knock her unconscious and send her to dry cleaners to save himself from his what-appeared-to-be-liberal mother. The other movie which was playing also seemed...well again intriguing. Here the hero was desperately trying for his wife to fall in love with him, unfortunately the wife was too caught up in her past to give a tuppence about the desolate hero. She then realized her love for him after he fought for her against his vicious family who had worn the most hideous make-up. And then everyone burst into a song and ran up the mountains.
Honestly, I nearly died laughing.
I loved each moment of the day as most of it went in splits of laughter which only the two of us knew why...and perhaps on the most random topics. I was initially meant to leave at 4, (parents martial orders)...well you know how we teenagers can be ;) i left an hour later after explaining one complicated love story from One Tree Hill.
it was one of the best days ever :D

No comments:

Post a Comment