Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year at the threshold

so 2009 said bye to me yesterday at 11:59, and I waved it away sorrowfully.
2009 had been the changing year in my life.
the year I left school and started college
painful at first, but easier later
it changed my thoughts.
that there were people who made you doubt humanity.
there were people who made you wonder how you could doubt humanity
i saw the extent of how low people could go
and i saw the lengths which some travelled to get you to smile
what seems so perfect, never is.
what you advise others
you need to follow it too.
i found that
friendships became more stable
there were friends who i wanted to hold close
there were those who I didn't.
people changed, I changed
maybe I understood myself better
2009 was a bittersweet year.
maybe thats why I was sorrowful when I waved it goodbye.
what will 2010 bring?
perhaps it is the one year which would stand out in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment