Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Noida revisited-Part 2

In Shine's words, I was staring at Noida as if it was a whole new world. I don't deny that. I was staring at everything and everybody with a wonder of a two-year old.
So we jumped over ditches, walked around mountains of sand, crossed roads and TADAAAA, we ended up at the Great India Place (i think that's the name...not too sure!)
The mall had beautiful christmassy decorations. I love anything christmassy. There were decorations on the ceiling which made me walk a few paces with eyes on the ceiling almost making me trip on the escalator, there were decorations on each floor as well. The red and green made me feel as if I was in one of Enid Blyton's christmas tales.
We walked around each floor twice, as Shine being Shine wanted to see everything before sitting down. While walking around, Shine gave Abhi an Arsenal jersey. Truly, it must have taken a lot of self-control from Abhi's side not to jump over the staircase railings with mad joy :P I gave Shine a pair of earrings and a necklace which had interesting eyes on it. The logic behind this gift was to say "I am watching you!"... it also meant "I'm there for you." Either way, both seemed like threats :D
The good thing about having two best friends is, that they know you inside out. So half an hour of walking, both guessed that I was rather hungry. Abhi caught me looking rather longingly at the 'Mad Over Doughnuts', and insisted that if I wanted, I should have one. At first I refused saying no, I will eat later. Well hunger is an evil mechanism. It shows on your face. So Shine shook her head and said, "Just take her to the doughnut shop. She'll take one."
This is what happens if people know you inside out!!
So I went there, and bought myself a 'choco bomb' doughnut. While we were walking out of the food court, Shine turned to tell me to find a place where I could sit peacefully and eat, when she saw that I had devoured the doughnut. She was stunned by my speed, to say the least.
We sat in Nirulas, where we talked about practically everything under the sun, from naming cats to politics. For every person who walked by carrying a schoolbag or who looked remotely above the age of sixteen, Shine would nudge Abhi and ask whether they were from his college. Sometimes she was right...and for the rest of the time she was wrong :P
We were initially meant to leave at 4:00, but none of us felt like leaving. Despite the fact that Abhi had a plane to catch that evening. We left by 4:30, after finding out that Abhi would be travelling to the airport in royal style-in an indica. Which could cost a bomb. The poor guy just wanted a simple black and white taxi.
One of the infinite things I loved about the day was when we were walking up the staircase to get to our train, we kept looking back to say bye to Abhi who didn't leave till we were out of sight.
Again, it was one of the best days of my life and I loved each and every minute of it. As long as you're with you're two best friends, you know everything will be okay.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment