Thursday, January 12, 2012

Movie spurts!

So I think I've had a very interesting week...movie-wise. For the last seven days, I seem to have watched all sorts of films. Lets ignore the fact that half these films should have been seen long ago :P I think I'm more of the television soap person, and not toooo much of a film person. Though I love watching them anyway.
So- I saw 21, Tangled, Megamind, Pirates of the Caribbean (yes, I know its about time!), how to train your dragon, and Scott Pilgrim vs the world. It's an insane assortment, I dont deny. :D And...maybe most are animated. :P
21- This film intrigued me. It was done really well, and well thought out. My respect for the actor Jim Sturgess (I think it's the right spelling) whooshed back, as I distinctly remember being scarred by him in the film 'The Other Boleyn Girl,. Though this film I watched with greater concentration, as I found the little intricacies of black-jack dealings rather perplexing. I think after I saw the film, I rushed back home and downloaded it just to watch it again to see if I missed anything. The film had a special place in my heart for many reasons.
TANGLED- I had downloaded this film, a long time ago, but never had gotten down to see it. I finally saw it, and I enjoyed it so much that I watched it four times over the next few days. Sometimes animated guys do so much more to you, than Hollywood actors! And I think this is the best version of Rapunzel, I've seen till date. I hate to say it, but this film did make me feel very warm and fuzzy inside. :D
Megamind!- The only animated villain I could ever fall in love with. What added to his charisma was the 'highway to hell' from ACDC playing, every time he made an entrance. I wouldnt mind having a villain like that in my city!
PIRATES- Yes, every time someone would ask me, 'Have you seen pirates of the caribbean?' I would shake my head and say 'no!'. I finally saw the film, and realized what all the fuss was about. Johnny Depp for one, and his hilarious one-liners. That's another film I watched twice! And I think there's something highly thrilling about pirates. :P
How to train your dragon- DRAGON LOVE!!!!!! I was actually offended with the beginning of the film when they were killing dragons. After reading Harry Potter avidly...somehow I've always loved dragons. Hence the reason why I was so happy when Hiccup (the main character) befriended the dragon. I wouldnt mind keeping a dragon as a pet :D
Scott Pilgrim- WOW. This film was the strangest, and the most bizarre film I've seen in a while. It was crazy, and weird. and that's the reason why I loved it so. Come on, where else do you find a person trying to defeat a league of evil seven ex boyfriends? :D
This was my strange movie assortment for the week. Needless to say, I'm besotted with these films, and I can actually watch them more than three times. Next on my list, is to watch Top Gun :D

No comments:

Post a Comment