Monday, January 9, 2012

Storms

The landscape is green and serene.
The wind whistles slightly.
The sun shines brightly...too brightly.
I walk to the shore.
I gingerly put my foot in the water.
it feels cool and pleasant.
The wind blows again.
my hair flies all over my face
and I smile to my self.
I put my other foot.
The waves wash over my feet.
it is cool.
it is the composure I had always wished for.
it is that beautiful relaxed feeling I had always wanted.
I close my eyes.
I then stumble over a stone.
My eyes spring open.
the world has changed.
the waves are in a turmoil
a terrible storm blows.
my feet lose balance.
there is nothing to hold on to.
the clouds rage in stormy fury
and the waves rise high.
the wind howls around me.
I close my ears and bend down.
wishing for it to return to peace.
It doesn't.
I stand at last.
let the waves come.
let the storm try to unsteady me.
Ill hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment