Sunday, January 15, 2012

LSR cats of chaos

I love cats. I really do. I think after dogs, they are the most lovable animals I've ever seen. BUT. My love has it's bounds. And a cat crosses the line if it stalks my food.
Yes, I do use the word 'stalk.' I'll illustrate the example of devilish feline creatures which haunt my college grounds, and more specifically the cafe.
While my friends and I would be having our conversations, one of us will let out a little scream. We turn around. Sure enough, there's a cat sitting on THE NEXT TABLE, eyeing our food which is laid out on the table. It will meow soberly. This is the signal. Before we know it, a ginger cat is walking rather sinisterly towards us. Truly, it's not an exaggeration. We are ambushed by two cats. Another one walks over our feet. We jump up, but we still decide to hold our ground. I valiantly trying shooing the cat away in Shakespearan English. Obviously, that doesn't work. I stamp my foot, make a little movement, the feline devil turns its back and walks away. It looks back in an 'et tu brute' way, and I stamp my foot again. We try to get rid of the others too. After noticing that their leader has possibly admitted defeat, they go into hiding.
Not for long.
Cats sense that you might be close to finishing your food. And again, the leader of the criminal gang jumps on the table. And at this point, all the shooing in the world doesn't seem to get rid of it. Yes I've even pretended to throw things at it, the creepy little animal isn't even frightened.
Noticing that their leader has a good foothold, the other two cats patrol around the table. We, the unfortunate humans finally admit defeat.
It so happened, that just as I was about to take my last bite of butter chicken, the ginger cat pounced on it and ate it. I think it was just short of saying 'MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!'
So anyway. I look back, and I see the cat eating it's happy meal of leftovers after successfully getting rid of hungry humans.
I sigh to myself, while my friends look depreciatingly at me as if to say, 'Please explain your love of cats?"
I'm afraid, after being in LSR, I really can't.
While we are on the subject of cats, THIS is my dream cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment