Thursday, March 17, 2011

Glutton of a college cat.

So I was sitting at the table with my friends, eating butter chicken. I saw the Cat walk slowly across the cafe, looking rather sourly at my food.
It's a little hard to eat, when there is a cat sitting and mournfully staring at you.
So we tried hurrying through our food.
With every bite, the cat seemed to edge closer to the table.
In it's weird feline instincts, it knew that our meal was drawing to a close. It couldn't let that happen.
It edged closer.
It perched on the bench.
Anandi and Devika detested cats. More than they detested assignments and projects, and long hot summer afternoons which stretched throughout the day.
I usually loved cats. But not cats which posed a threat to my food.
Then Anon said, "Okay, Lakshana take the last bite!"
I just had put the fork into the curry when the wretched cat pounced and took the last bite and walked off with it's haughty tail in the air.
Probably to gloat with the other cats.
That's still hasn't changed my love for cats, though :D

No comments:

Post a Comment