Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The two cats.

So there was a time when i had two cats.

I had adopted the first when it was a little kitten.
a kitten which had been lost and ill treated by humans.
the kitten was bruised and injured.
But I loved my cat.
Soon the thin starved kitten became a fluffy gorgeous ginger cat.
and then I adopted the second cat.
And I loved this one too.
It was a confident young tabby.
the Tabby hid in it's shell of pain.
But I saw the hurt it went through.
And I cared for it, gave it everything I had.
i loved it through and through
despite the playful snarls and scratches.
I thought it loved me too.

Months swam by.
I saw Ginger becoming even more beautiful.
But to see Ginger was a rarity.
But I believed Ginger loved me still.
Tabby stuck on faithfully.
Despite it's playful animosity
it would still return to my side.
And then.
Ginger put out her claws and ran.
And she was gone.
Tabby turned the same way and followed suit.
And I never saw my cats again.

If they come back,
they will never be my cats again.

2 comments: