Friday, August 27, 2010

words to a future daughter :D

Dearest daughter.
YAYY you have to be 18 to read this. And trust me, when you turn 18, I'll be the first to force you to read this.
I am writing this out of inspiration... So here are some things I want YOU to know, and I will try to be as organized as possible. And as you would know, I'm terribly disorganized and scatterbrained. I hope I'm slightly better at expressing myself at the time...when you read this.
Well...I don't want you to be a hard cynic, neither do I want you to be an unrealistic optimist...like I was. Life isn't as terrible, and full of hardships as made out to be...but it isn't the garden of roses you should expect either.
Take each day as it comes, live each day to the fullest. From experience I can tell you, there will be people who will love you more than anything else...there will be people who won't...and there will be those who will be your friend, and just might drop you on the way as they would replace you with someone else. The last two should not make you bitter and resentful to every relationship that comes your way. I'm telling you...being bitter and angry will get you nowhere.
Though, don't take things lying down. If people hurt you or try to suppress you, fight back. Don't be a doormat...I did on many occasions. Don't do that. I repented dearly for it, and I don't want you to go through the same. And please don't apologize for things which are not your fault. I'm saying this from cold experience, where I've believed I'm at fault...and then I analyzed and understood much later.
Cherish your friendships. It takes a long time to get good, solid friends. And there are some such beautiful friendships which will be with you forever. The best friendships sometimes don't come into your life with pomp and blare. They reveal themselves in nicest ways. It takes time, true. But it's all worth it.
Have confidence, believe in yourself. Judge for yourself..who will be there for you, and who won't.
And please work hard at math. I was a disaster at it, and I would love to show off that my daughter is a topper at it.
Make the most of your talents, and I'm sure they will be in abundance.
You will never be alone, I promise you. I'll be there :)
And don't smoke. Once you start, you won't be able to stop. So you better not. It's terrible for your health.
And please learn the recipe of how to make chocolate brownies from your grandmother.
And I want you to read. Read, read, read. The world of books is wonderful. You can travel all over the world by sitting in just one place and reading a book. Please avoid Meg Cabots if you can.
Dream, and dream, and turn those dreams into reality. And if they do crash, don't be brokenhearted. The strongest person is the one to rise and dream again, and make the dream a living dream.
I know you will :-)
lots of love,
Me.

2 comments: