Monday, May 10, 2010

A conversation.

-Hello Mrs. X. How are we today?
-The sun's a burden. It's too hot.
-Mrs. X, would you like tea?
-Thank you. No sugar.
-I'll serve it for you, Mrs. X.
-Do that dear. I hate handling cutlery. Simple things like this frighten me.
-Not a problem, Mrs. X. How was your visit to Panchmadi?
-Good. I was bothered by an awful body ache and head ache.
-That's terrible. How are you now?
-I think I'm destined to suffer for my entire life.
-in Panchmadi, did you prefer to walk rather than drive? The scenery is beautiful.
-No, the dust hits you and smothers you. I hate dust.
-Did you enjoy the scenery?
-I heard Ghosts everywhere I went.
-Oh. I loved the scenery.
-You're young. Live life to the fullest. Then you'll become old and die.
-How are your sons?
-They're weird.
-What are they doing?
-One is involved in obscure archaeology, the other is trying to communicate with aliens and one is doing engineering.
-Communicating with aliens?
-Doing stuff with space. Can't remember the word.
-Astronomy.
-How much do you read?!
-I just know this by general knowledge. I'm tired, Mrs. X. I'll be off.
-Getting tired so quickly? Maybe you're suffering from an illness.
-I'm exhausted. Goodbye, Mrs. X.

No comments:

Post a Comment